Hydrokinesitherapy is the ideal combination of intrinsic and extrinsic factors that work on the man in order to recover the residual functions in the post-acute phase of the pathological processes that can arise during the course of life.
The rehabilitation in water brings the patient in a therapeutic context completely different from the classical therapy.
There are four fundamental effects that water gives to the body during its stay in the therapeutic tank:
- Mechanical – buoyancy boost, hydrostatic pressure, hydrodynamic resistance
- Thermal – operating temperature between 32 ° C and 34 ° C with myorelaxing effect
- Psychological – moving away from the clinical / nosocomial environment, partly playful for young patients, instills confidence in oneself and in treatment because it allows movements that are forbidden in the normal gym
- Biochemical – closely related to the chemical properties of water acting on the immersed body
Objectives of hydrokinesitherapy are therefore those of:
- Reduction of painful symptoms
- Reduction of muscular hypertonia
- Early global motor recovery
- Extension of the joint ROM